Virtual and In-Office Consultations Available
TEXT MESSAGE: 707-242-9037
Dear Valued Patients:
While our team hopes that this posting provides you a comprehensive update on the status of our office, we would first like to offer our heartfelt sympathies to everyone who has been affected by this Pandemic. Our thoughts go out to those who are going through health challenges, financial struggles, anxiety, or loss of those near and dear because of this. This has been a very uncertain time in our lives unlike anything we have ever experienced, and certainly one we will not soon forget. We have confidence that we will all rise from this as kinder, more compassionate human beings better equipped to face what life brings our way!
Our office has been closed since mid-March for non-emergent dental work, in compliance with the Sonoma County Health Services Order. We have maintained from the outset that our dental practice was one of the safest places one could go during this pandemic, as we have always worked hard to ensure that our office has met or exceeded CDC, OSHA, State, and even European Union Regulatory requirements for cleanliness.
- All instruments that have patient contact are either single-use or sterilized in a steam autoclave after being steam and detergent washed; a highly effective process rarely seen in a dental office setting.
- We also use hospital-grade disinfectants throughout the office. Our sterilization machines are tested weekly to ensure that they kill all bacterial spores. The safety of our patients and team members is our highest priority and responsibility, we take it very seriously.
The county has extended the Shelter in Place Order but has recently begun loosening the restrictions. The order now states that people may leave their homes to receive services at “Healthcare Operations” and specifically mentions dentists. We have seen many of you for emergencies throughout this closure and consider it a privilege to help you in your time of need.
Effective June 1, we will reopen for non-urgent treatment in a manner that allows us to comply with the current social distancing practices. Please note that our regular hygiene/cleaning visits will continue to be postponed until definitive guidelines and equipment are in place.
increased disinfection and safety measures:
- We have gone beyond the regulatory requirements and added Air Purifiers in common areas and UV Air purification in the treatment rooms to improve air quality and disinfection and create a healthier environment for everyone.
- Our fully private operatories isolate patients and doors remain shut during treatment.
- We have ordered additional particulate eliminating units to add to our existing units for use during procedures that create aerosols; a step not mandated by government agencies that have long been a part of our office’ standard of care.
- We have also secured all the necessary Personal Protective Equipment to ensure the safety of our dental team and patients.
In order to maintain a safe environment, we are taking these new measures and we are using special check-in procedures at this time, please find our protocol below and contact us if you have any questions. We ask that you please abide by these new guidelines.
protocols and guidelines for your VISITS:
If you have experienced any signs or symptoms of respiratory disease in the past two weeks, or have been exposed to someone who has COVID 19, you cannot be treated in a dental office setting. Please use the restroom prior to your visit.
- Pre-appointment wellness forms: When your appointment is confirmed, you will receive a link to a Wellness Form that must be completed prior to your appointment. If you are feeling unwell, or show any symptoms, please get in touch with us to reschedule.
- Curbside waiting and check-in: To adhere to social distancing rules, we request that you please wait in your car when you arrive at our office. Check-in by texting us at 707-242-9037 or calling us at 707-544-2811 and we will let you know when we are ready for you to come in. We would like to minimize waiting room use as much as we can.
- We ask that each patient come by themselves, except for minors and those who need assistance. The accompanying person may be asked to return to their car until treatment is completed. Please inform us if you would like to be accompanied during your visit for companion instructions.
- Please leave all extraneous items in your car. Upon entering, the assistant will provide you with a hand sanitizer. Upon exiting the treatment room, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer again.
- We will check the temperature of everyone who enters the office. If you show an elevated temperature of 100 F or higher, we will have to re-schedule your appointment.
- Bring your own mask. Please wear it when you exit your vehicle and until you are asked to remove it. Do not wear gloves. They will not be permitted in the facility.
- Early AM Appointments and Same Day Dentistry: We will be opening earlier in the day and will also add some additional days as needed. If you had an appointment scheduled during the closure and have not received a phone call from our office yet, please do call the office to get it rescheduled. Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. We appreciate your understanding of this since it might mean fewer time slot options. We may have to plan on longer appointments and same-day dentistry as much as possible to reduce the number of visits.
- With the increase in the amount of Protective Equipment our team is incorporating, the temperature in the office might be cooler than normal. We have always provided blankets, amenities, headphones, etc. in the past for your comfort, but we ask that you please bring your own jacket, blanket, and/or headphones to your appointment at this time.
- Each patient will be asked to rinse with antiseptic rinse and will notice some additional suctioning devices during their visit.
Some of these measures may seem strange or new to you but have been put in place for the utmost safety. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Again, we would like to reiterate our sympathies to any who have been directly or indirectly affected by this virus. We look forward to welcoming you back to our office and want to assure you that we take your safety seriously. Be kind, be patient, we are all in this together. Thank you for trusting us with your health!
Dr. Jordan and Team
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. – Marie Curie